Friday, 18 May 2007

I Think my Guppies are Carnivorous


I started this guppy craze of mine because I was very much interested in breeding then. Guppies are interesting animals because they have many differing traits such as fantail, arrowheads, albinos and much more. And they are easy to breed. In fact, they are too easy to breed.

Very soon, my collection of guppies increased significantly. I feed them with normal baby food and egg yolk. I made this amazing discovery that egg yolk sticks to my fingers and I began to feed them with egg yolk on my fingers. Ever since, they were never afraid of my hands. Whenever I changed the water in the fish tank, they will all hoard towards my hands and start nibbling. This is just the start of them getting carnivorous.

I grew lazy and decided to combine my gold fishes and guppies together. Initially, I was afraid my big gold fish will gobble up my tiny weeny guppies. But little had I expected, it was my group of guppies that bullied my goldfishes. Over time, they attacked two of my smallest goldfishes and even ate up one of them. I was astonished when I saw the desperate sight of my dead goldfish. All its organs were gone, remaining only its skin. Quickly, I separated the two fishes and conveniently ignored my guppies in a bucket but they never die. Later, I grew soft-hearted and decided to settle them in a proper fish-tank.

Recently, I saw one dead guppy in the fish-tank but turned a blind eye to it. Today, I changed the water and find something amiss. There was no corpse for me to clear. My carnivorous guppies must have eaten up their poor friend.

Now, I can safely conclude that my guppies are evil and cold-blooded.
Xinyi

Labels:


09:31